Moving house is exciting, but it can be just as traumatic if you don’t plan your move. To make sure it goes as smoothly as possible, we've put together a checklist of the things to do. If you get stuck and need a hand along the way be assured that Verse is always here to assist.
Notify change of address
- Family and friends
- Business clients
- Insurance companies
- Credit card providers
- Store card providers
- Other financial institutions
- Water Corporation
- Telephone company
- Internet service provider
- Mobile phone provider
- Satellite TV provider
- Electoral office
- Vehicle licensing authority
- Social Security
- Children’s schools, sporting clubs, dance schools etc.
- Clubs and associations
- Publications you receive
- Other medical services
If you keep records of household bills, it is a good idea to go through them to make sure you haven’t missed anyone. Check with your vehicle insurer to see if your change of address or circumstances (garage versus carport) affects your policy and premiums.
- Australia Post mail
- Home telephone
- Newspaper delivery
- Home and content insurance
- Telephone account and/or number
- Removalist ( is insurance and packing service included ? )
- Obtain packing boxes and newspaper/tissue
- Pre-settlement inspection of new house
- Disconnection of utilities (gas, electricity. telephone and possibly water)
- Any repairs required in old house
- Do any locks need to be changed?
- Is carpet cleaning required in the old house?
- Re-connection of utilities at new house
- Pack food, drinks, utensils and appliances (kettle etc.) for moving day
- Pack fragile items in marked boxes